Bright Beginnings Child Development Center, a 5 Star preschool located in West Cary, is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Full-Time Child Care Cook who is passionate about the care and nutrition of the children in our care.
- Create and prepare nutritional meal plans for more than 120 preschool and school-age students
- Serve breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack to every classroom in our facility
- Maintain recipes and ingredient lists for all meals served
- Maintain inventory and place food and kitchen orders
- Organize kitchen supplies
- Maintain safe, clean, and sanitary kitchen, pantry, and storage areas; including storing refrigerated and non-refrigerated foods
- Safely accommodate and manage plans for food allergies, sensitivities, and special diets
- Ensure children with food allergies have inclusive substitute foods when needed
- Meet schedule needs to accommodate busy classrooms
- Work with staff and families to create menus that are culturally relevant to our community
- Adhere to all USDA/CACFP guidelines regarding childcare food preparation and management.
- Create systems and routines to keep waste and cost low
The ideal candidate must also be willing to assist in the classrooms as a teacher, when necessary.
Salary is based upon credentials and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
All employees are required to wear a mask. Only staff and students are allowed to enter the building.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location